Experienced Lawyers Assist with Tax Matters Concerning Nonprofits
Professional team represents nonprofit entities nationwide
At Exempt Tax Law, PLLC, we focus on providing legal services for the non-profit community, forming tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations and providing counsel on federal tax matters that affect nonprofit organizations.
Conscientious attorneys give individualized attention
Clients of Exempt Tax Law, PLLC find us to be:
- Innovative — Our tax attorneys use our specialized knowledge of federal tax laws to craft customized legal solutions to help with your tax situations.
- Attentive — We work one on one with our clients. You get the benefit of the knowledge and experience of our partners.
- Affordable — We make our legal services more accessible by offering fixed-fee arrangements and hourly billing options.
Clients trust us to provide personal guidance on complex nonprofit tax law and other related legal issues.
Skilled lawyers dedicated to representing varied clientele
Our firm represents more than 250 tax-exempt organizations, including colleges and universities, churches, health care charities, research organizations, think tanks, developers of housing for low-income families and the elderly, economic development organizations for disadvantaged communities, private foundations, supporting organizations, trade associations, and veterans organizations.
We provide legal counsel to nonprofits in:
- Securing tax-exempt status — Our attorneys provide legal services to 501(c)(3) and other nonprofits beginning with their inception. We provide a comprehensive consultation to our clients to explain formation and governance options.
- Planned giving — We advise nonprofits on planned giving vehicles, including charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts.
- Dealing with IRS audits — We research and prepare to mitigate your risks during an IRS audit and appear with you in all phases of the process.
- Lobbying — We help you deal with the special tax considerations that apply to lobbying by tax-exempt organizations.
Our experienced attorneys can also assist with other aspects of your nonprofit activities, including trademark, licensing and regulation compliance.
Contact EXEMPT TAX LAW for a confidential consultation
Organizers and managers of nonprofits nationwide look to Exempt Tax Law, PLLC to help them make good use of all the advantages that the tax laws allow. We are committed to resolving your legal matter in an affordable way that protects your interests. Please call 202-861-0740 or contact us online to schedule a confidential consultation at our Washington, D.C. office.